Supports TTL from Nikon, just like an SB-910. This means that when enabled the flash is automatically adjusted by the camera. The camera sets the power and zoom automatically so you get a well balanced shot every time. Of course you can always adjust all the settings by yourself if you want.
Wireless TTL Slave:
Use the comfort of TTL wirelessly with Canon eTTL and Nikon i-TTL. (pick your specific version) The YN-565EX serves as a wireless TTL slave which is triggered by a compatible master flash like the Canon 580 EX II or Nikon SB-900, a camera with commander function like Canon 60D or wireless commander like ST-E2. If there is no commander function or master flash it still can be used with TTL on top of a compatible camera. In TTL slave mode 3 groups A, B, C and 4 channels are supported. Please note that the YN-565EX cannot serve as a wireless TTL master and does not support HSS.
Flash Mode Manual, S1, S2:
Many photographers like the manual mode in strobist photography, because it gives them most freedom in composing their pictures. You can adjust the power level from 1/128 to 1/1 in 1/3EV steps. Also you can use the optical slave modes S1 and S2. Which allow optical triggering by other flashes without need of an additional trigger. The S2 mode supresses the TTL metering flash.
In this mode a sequence of rapid flashes is fired and gives interessting effects. You can adjust the number and frequency of flashes.
Big LCD with advanced settings:
The big back-lit LCD is easy to read and for newer Canon cameras all information is also available in the camera menu and can be set there as well. Settings can be saved to a hot key which makes it quickly accessible if you need it. The last settings are automatically saved.
Auto Zoom Head, Wide Angle Diffuser and Bounce Card:
The flash head zooms automatically or manually to the focal length transmitted by the camera in steps of 24, 28, 35, 50, 70, 80, 105mm. The zoom range can be extended to 18mm by the diffuser. Also the head can be rotated horizontally and vertically in wide angles.
High Output Power of GN58: The high output power of GN58 at ISO 100 and 35mm is suitable for most shooting situations.
Modeling Light and Test Flash:
The YN-565EX fires for 1 second if the depth of field button of the camera is pressed. Also a test flash is fired if the pilot button is pressed.
The Ready Beep informs if the flash is ready to fire after charging. An Overheat Protection pauses the flash for 30 seconds in case of overheating to prevent damaging. A quite handy feature is the Configurable Power Saving Mode.
For longer strobist sessions the Socket for an External Battery Pack can be useful to extend the time of shooting. Also a PC Sync Socked is built-in for use with flash triggers or PC sync cables.
Further features are Flash Exposure Compensation (FEC) of +-5EV in 1/3EV steps. Flash Exposure Bracketing (FEB) for 3 pictures in a row and Rear-Curtain Sync. FE lock for Canon and FV lock for Nikon lock the flash exposure before you recompose the image and take the final picture.
Compatible TTL Master / Commander
- The YN-565EX serves as a wireless TTL slave with the following devices: Canon 580EX II, Canon 7D, 60D, 600D, Nikon SB-900, SB-800, SB-700, Nikon c-command and Canon and Yongnuo ST-E2.
- MOST NEW MODELS WORK TOO.
Compatible Cameras for TTL
- Nikon D3000, D3100, D5000, D5100, D5200, D5300, D7000, D7100, D700,D600, D800, D4D300s, D300, D200, D2, D80, D90, D80, D70s, D70, D60, D40x, D40, D3, D3x, D3s, D2x
- MOST NEW MODELS WORK TOO.
- Wireless (infrared) eTTL slave for Canon and i-TTL slave for Nikon
- Longest rage for wireless TTL connection indoors up to 25m and outdoors 15m, the slave flash needs optical contact to the master, bright sunlight can disturb the connection
- GN 58 at ISO 100 and 105mm
- Modes: TTL, Manual, Multi
- Optical slave modes S1 and S2, S2 suppresses the TTL metering flash
- Modeling light function for 1s if camera's depth of field button is pressed
- PC port for triggering by cable or by non hot shoe triggers
- Fast recycle time of approximately only 3 seconds after firing on full power (AA alkaline cell used)
- Read beep if charging has finished, can be turned off
- Metal foot
- Bounce card build in
- Rear-curtain sync
- FEC - flash exposure compensation +-5EV in 1/3 EV steps
- FEB - flash exposure bracketing for 3 pictures in a row
- FE lock (Canon) and FV lock (Nikon) supported for locking the flash exposure before recomposing the image and taking the final picture
- Slave groups: 3（A, B, and C）
- Channels: 4
- Auto and manual zoom: 24, 28, 35, 50, 70, 80, 105mm, compatible with full size and crop size sensors
- Wide angle diffuser for supporting focal length shorter 24mm to 18mm
- Vertical rotation angle: -7~90 degrees
- Horizontal rotation angle: 0~270 degrees
- Power supply: 4 x AA size batteries (Alkaline or Ni-MH are usable)
- Connector for an external battery pack e.g. Yongnuo SF-18C, SF-17C
- Color temperature: 5600k
- Flash time: 1/200s~1/20000s
- Flash control: 8 levels of output control (1/128~1/1), 22 levels of fine tuning
- Dimensions: 60Ã190Ã78mm (Extended state)
- Net weight: 380g
- 1 x YN-565EX for Nikon
- 1 x Mini stand
- 1 x Manual
- 1 x Protection bag
- 1 x Original packaging box