So I didn't really notice until after I had ordered 2, but the Godox version of the Falcon Eyes RX-24TDX trades some pros for some annoying cons.
- Ballast and controller are a reasonable size, with wheels instead of knobs. FE is like 40% larger, and has knobs which I'm constantly worried about knocking off.
- The mounting rods are a better design than the FE version I think.
- Free controller that comes with most Godox lights and works decently.
- Overall more compact.
- Cheaper than FE.
- Light quality same as FE.
- DOESN'T GO DOWN TO 3000K. I know it's in the specs but I just assumed it was the same as the FE.
When you lower the color temp all the way on the controller, the white LEDs remain on... which is ******.
It totally can go down to 3000K... it just... doesn't.
Lots of lights on location are still 3000K or lower so this sucks.
At the other end, the yellow LEDs turn off (which is what every other light does)... so why does it stay on at the warm end? Who knows.
- The softbox doesn't really fit very well. It fits well enough to work but it's a bit too small for the panel so you end up squeezing it on.
- I think one of my units only goes to 5300K on the white end.
- The power supply strap is centered. The AC cord is also in the center. So you mount it upside down with the AC cord pointing up.
I guess the other end is then closer the controller, but I prefer the AC cord going down.
- Build quality on the lower side but to be expected and acceptable for price.
Kinda regret purchasing only because of the 3000K factor, but otherwise it packs up smaller than the FE stuff, cheaper, and the remote control is way better.